Tuesday, August 28, 2012

How we're gonna get there!

Hey Family,
These are our thoughts on travel...
Stop about every two hours:
Leave from here at 6am, make a stop 2 hours into the trip for gas, restrooms, etc, at this point we should be somewhere around the Rehoboth beach area...make our next stop on the rest area of the Chesapeake Bay bridge tunnel and have a late breakfast or lunch ,spend maybe about an hour...make our final stop in Kitty Hawk and check out the Wright Bros, exhibit...possible stop again in Nag's Head at the Jockey's Ridge state park and check out the huge sand dunes, then continue down to Avon.

Note:Nags Head is right below Kitty Hawk.

If we figure 3 hours worth of rest stops along with our 8 hours travel time we should get there around 5 pm. Check In is at 6.
.
Are we all car-pooling?

PLEASE post your thoughts on this!!!!

7 comments:

  1. I think it's sounds like a good plan and Im glad you are figuring all this out for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! Kevin and I will be driving with our beetle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds good to me cause I know our kids will get restless at around 2 hrs in the car. And I def want to stop at Jockey Ridge's State park. It's a really cool place to see that I recommend for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anyone want to carpool??? It will save money..we could go halves on gas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fine to us. We can't carpool cause our car will be packed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe we will be in OBX in 8 days!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it Art!
      I can't wait to have you as my fishin buddy!

      Delete